Bergie

Default How do I create a double-sided (printed) tent card?

I'm attempting to create a mail merge document for tent cards (6" w x 7" h).
On the template, the first and last names on "one" side of the card have to
be rotated (upside down) in order to print correctly. Word will not let me
rotate the F_Name and L_Name fields. I can get my template set up perfectly
in PowerPoint but I don't know how to merge a data document with PowerPoint
.... same with an Excel data document. Also, field names ... do they have to
be renamed to F_Name1 and L_Name1 (or something similar) to accommodate four
"separate" fields? That means typing the names twice.

I would appreciate ANY help anyone can provide. Thanks!
Anne Troy

I would simply set up one side and print it twice, turning the paper around
after the first print, of course.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Bergie" wrote in message
I'm attempting to create a mail merge document for tent cards (6" w x 7"
h).
On the template, the first and last names on "one" side of the card have
be rotated (upside down) in order to print correctly. Word will not let
me
rotate the F_Name and L_Name fields. I can get my template set up
perfectly
in PowerPoint but I don't know how to merge a data document with
PowerPoint
... same with an Excel data document. Also, field names ... do they have
be renamed to F_Name1 and L_Name1 (or something similar) to accommodate
four
"separate" fields? That means typing the names twice.

I would appreciate ANY help anyone can provide. Thanks!

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you change the orientation of the paper (which will require redefining
the table, the cells of which are delineating your tent cards, then you can
rotate the text in those cells by plus or minus 90 degrees which will give
you the effect that you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.