jude f

Default Problem with page breaks not being the same

Currently using Microsoft Office Word 2003 and finding that not all pages
have the same number of lines printed on them. Any suggestions on how to
make each page the same length when there is no page break, if I go to each
individual page can add the lines to them but don't want to do that for over
300 pgs.
Set for 1" margins all around and widow. Have tried looking for special
characters and haven't found any.
--
jude f
Anne Troy

This can be caused by the default "widow and orphan" control. See
Format--Paragraph, Line and Page break tabs.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"jude f" wrote in message
Currently using Microsoft Office Word 2003 and finding that not all pages
have the same number of lines printed on them. Any suggestions on how to
make each page the same length when there is no page break, if I go to
each
individual page can add the lines to them but don't want to do that for
over
300 pgs.
Set for 1" margins all around and widow. Have tried looking for special
characters and haven't found any.
--
jude f

Stefan Blom

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jude f" wrote in message
Currently using Microsoft Office Word 2003 and finding that not all

pages
have the same number of lines printed on them. Any suggestions on

how to
make each page the same length when there is no page break, if I go

to each
individual page can add the lines to them but don't want to do that

for over
300 pgs.
Set for 1" margins all around and widow. Have tried looking for

special
characters and haven't found any.
--
jude f

jude f

Anne Troy Thank you for your suggestion, but when I removed widow's I still
had the issue with different lengths of printed page. It is always a new
paragraph at the bottom of the page another other suggestions or am I just
going to have to adjust each page individually
--
jude f

"jude f" wrote in message
Currently using Microsoft Office Word 2003 and finding that not all pages
have the same number of lines printed on them. Any suggestions on how to
make each page the same length when there is no page break, if I go to
each
individual page can add the lines to them but don't want to do that for
over
300 pgs.
Set for 1" margins all around and widow. Have tried looking for special
characters and haven't found any.
--
jude f

jude f

Stefan Blom
Thank you for the instructions and I could see that by bottom of the page
break with a new paragraph is my problem but whether i have widow checked or
not checked it didn't change anything. Any other suggestions on what I am
doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
--
jude f

"jude f" wrote in message
Currently using Microsoft Office Word 2003 and finding that not all

pages
have the same number of lines printed on them. Any suggestions on

how to
make each page the same length when there is no page break, if I go

to each
individual page can add the lines to them but don't want to do that

for over
300 pgs.
Set for 1" margins all around and widow. Have tried looking for

special
characters and haven't found any.
--
jude f

LC Killingbeck

?B?anVkZSBm?= wrote in
:

Stefan Blom
Thank you for the instructions and I could see that by bottom of the
page break with a new paragraph is my problem but whether i have widow
checked or not checked it didn't change anything. Any other
suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Do you have "keep together" and/or "keep with next" for your paragraphs, or
some similar grouping kind of paragraph format option? Look under
Format|Paragraph|... options.

Lynn Killingbeck