Akrodon

Default splitting an entire row

my table has 4 rows and 6 columns.
what's the quickest way of adding 10 more rows at the bottom of it?

1. Tab from the last cell of the last row to create a new empty row.

2. Select that empty row, right-click, and choose Insert Rows. Now you have
two empty rows.

3. Select the two empty rows and press F4. Now you have four empty rows.

4. Select the four empty rows and press F4 twice. Now you have twelve empty
rows.

5. Select the last two empty rows and press Delete Rows.

"Akrodon" wrote in message
my table has 4 rows and 6 columns.
what's the quickest way of adding 10 more rows at the bottom of it?

Akrodon

Point 1. below works. A new row is created.
When I select that row and right-click, Insert Rows does not appear as a
choice.
When I select two rows and press F4, nothing happens.

"Akrodon" wrote in message
my table has 4 rows and 6 columns.
what's the quickest way of adding 10 more rows at the bottom of it?

What version of Word do you have? Every step from 3 on depends on inserting
rows in step 2 (since F4 just repeats the previous action). If you don't
have Insert Rows on the shortcut menu, then you'll have to use Table |
Insert | Rows or whatever equivalent you find on the Table menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Tab from the last cell of the last row to create a new empty row.

2. Select that empty row, right-click, and choose Insert Rows. Now you

have
two empty rows.

3. Select the two empty rows and press F4. Now you have four empty rows.

4. Select the four empty rows and press F4 twice. Now you have twelve

empty
rows.

5. Select the last two empty rows and press Delete Rows.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Akrodon" wrote in message
my table has 4 rows and 6 columns.
what's the quickest way of adding 10 more rows at the bottom of it?

Tony Jollans

What Suzanne told you should work (at least as far back as Word 97) but I
would refine it slightly

1. Same
2. Same
3. Same (easy way to add the second row to the selection is to press shift
and down arrow)
4. Just select 3 rows here (again shift and down arrow adds extra row to
selection)
5. (not needed - you have ten rows)

An alternative if your table is regular is to position the cursor
immediately below the table and insert a 10 row by 6 column table which Word
will join with your existing one - key strokes are Alt+a, i, t, 6, tab, 1,
0, enter.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What version of Word do you have? Every step from 3 on depends on

inserting
rows in step 2 (since F4 just repeats the previous action). If you don't
have Insert Rows on the shortcut menu, then you'll have to use Table |
Insert | Rows or whatever equivalent you find on the Table menu.

so
all may benefit.