Ed

Default "Ghost" test with dotted underline??

I'm using Word 2000. A document has a few lines of text - the only thing on
that page - that have a dotted underline. These lines are also apparently
"ghosts". They have no formatting, and don't show up in a print preview. I
can copy and paste with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, but I can't Paste as Unformatted
Text. The text doesn't show up in a word count, either. And if I turn off
"Show Invisibles", it disappears. The doc did have Track Changes turned on,
but I tuned it off and accepted all changes. What am I dealing with?

Ed

Jay Freedman

Ed wrote:
I'm using Word 2000. A document has a few lines of text - the only
thing on that page - that have a dotted underline. These lines are
also apparently "ghosts". They have no formatting, and don't show up
in a print preview. I can copy and paste with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, but
I can't Paste as Unformatted Text. The text doesn't show up in a
word count, either. And if I turn off "Show Invisibles", it
disappears. The doc did have Track Changes turned on, but I tuned it
off and accepted all changes. What am I dealing with?

Ed

It sounds like that text is formatted with the Hidden font attribute. Select
it, then open the Format Font dialog. If the Hidden box is checked,
uncheck it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Carol

Sounds as if it could be Hidden Text. Go to Format |Font and see if hidden
text is selcted. If so, deselect it and then you should be able to delete.
I hope this has been helpful to you.