George

Default How do you get Word 2000 to provide more options to sort?

I am formulating a set of lists in Microsoft Word. When I go into "sort" the
only options are Field 1 and one other. I want to place my lists in
Alphabetical order with another Field. How can I modify it so that this can
be done.
Pat Garard

G'Day George,

1. Make the process more meaningful (for you):
Position the Insertion Point somewhere in the top row of the table
TableTable Properties ...
"Repeat as header row at the top of each page" CHECK the box.

2. Use the Menu:
TableSort ...
As you fill in each line (field), the next will become open to a maximum
of three sort fields - using the column headers from step 1!

3. Unless there is a good reason otherwise, consider using Excel. Its facilities
for sorting, analysing, grouping, sub-totalling, totalling and plotting lists are
far better. With Excel 2003 there are some nice features for inserting new
rows etc.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard