Lindy

Default MS Word - join 2 docs that need each other to open (2meg, 20k)

I got these 2 documents from a user that didn't know what happened. The 2 meg
one is the earlier version and the 20k one is the current version of a
document. How do I easily join them up again?
CyberTaz

Hi Lindy-

If I understand correctly that you have two files that need to be combined
as a single document...

Place the insertion point at the spot in one file where you want the other
content to go. Then use InsertFile to pick the other file. It will be copied
into the other document.

You could also open both, do Ctrl+A (Select All) in one file, then Ctr+C to
Copy. Go to the other document & Ctrl+V at the correct position to Paste.

If, however, they are different variations on the same file, that is a
different story.

HTH |:)

"Lindy" wrote:

I got these 2 documents from a user that didn't know what happened. The 2 meg
one is the earlier version and the 20k one is the current version of a
document. How do I easily join them up again?

Lindy

Well actually they seem to be the same document - but need each other on
open, or an error message comes up - "the document name or path is not
valid..." It seems to be the same document no matter which file I open.