How to link or embed objects in Word

Default Problem after crash

I have an over 50-page document. After a crash, I now have a soft return
after every line and I've looked in style settings, paragraph settings, page
setup and still no clue. There was a download that would fix, I think I
remember, but since I'm in a corporate environment, I am not at liberty to
download the fix.

How to link or embed objects in Word

Hi. Thanx for your response. Your link was incorrect, but I did find it.
There are no returns of any kind at end of any lines, just a space. Each
paragraph has one return in the style w/Spacing After envoked. I thought I
had found the answer in that Frames were enabled in each style; when I
deleted the frames the document corrected itself UNTIL I went into the Print
Layout mode. All 50 pages were on top of each other. Yikes. I used the
Elegant Manual template that was around for some time. If it's still
available, it's been disabled here. I likely got the template from 2002 at
home and sent it to the office. Since we've updated to 2003. I looked at
the original template today and see that frames are, indeed, in each style.
So ... might you come up with anything based on these facts?
Thanx for the time; it IS appreciated. :-)
--
madamx

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/CleanWebText.htm

How to link or embed objects in Word wrote:
I have an over 50-page document. After a crash, I now have a soft
return after every line and I've looked in style settings, paragraph
settings, page setup and still no clue. There was a download that
would fix, I think I remember, but since I'm in a corporate
environment, I am not at liberty to download the fix.

Graham Mayor

Sorry about the wrong link, some of the addresses have changed and that was
one I missed
I cannot put my finger on this yet. What was it that crashed? If it was
Word, then you probably have orphan files screwing things up - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

[...]

It was Word that crashed. I just wonder, since removing the frames resolves
the problems (at least in the Normal mode), if the answer lies therein.
However, when I remove frames and go to Print layout, everything is on top of
each other ... but WHY did it remove the soft returns? Are you familiar with
the Elegant Manual templae? I've sent it to work to copy many of the neat
styles to use with my other docs. At this point, I think I have to give up
the ghost. I do have another copy but I will lose all my recent changes.
Thanx again for your time.
--
madamx