FRUSTRATED in NV

Default Help with merging mailing labels

I am having the worst problems with merging. I used to be able to merge
quite efficiently with Word 97-98. Now with this new program - I am really
getting frustrated.

I use Excel to set up a database. When I try to use this list to make Word
labels - it will only merge one whole page (that I can see & print) How can
I merge and print all the documents I have?

I really did like the older version "97-98" because after I had forms and
the databases set up - I could skip a few steps and perform only the ones I
needed for future use.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The simplest option is to select Toolbars from the View menu and check the
Mailmerge toolbar item and use that.

Alternatively, from the Tools menu, select Customize and then on the
Customize dialog, select the Commands tab and then the All commands category
and scroll down through the list of commands until you locate the Mailmerge
Helper item and click and drag it onto a toolbar (I would suggest the
Mailmerge toolbar). That will give you back the original mailmerge
interface.

Also, See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP
Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"FRUSTRATED in NV" FRUSTRATED in wrote in
message ...
I am having the worst problems with merging. I used to be able to merge
quite efficiently with Word 97-98. Now with this new program - I am
really
getting frustrated.

I use Excel to set up a database. When I try to use this list to make
Word
labels - it will only merge one whole page (that I can see & print) How
can
I merge and print all the documents I have?

I really did like the older version "97-98" because after I had forms and
the databases set up - I could skip a few steps and perform only the ones
needed for future use.

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm which will
help you use the old tools that you are familiar with - as for seeing only
one page, that is because you haven't completed the merge. You are viewing
and printing the merge document.