Chewbacca

Default Can I scan a document into word and then alter it?

I am trying to fill out forms with a lot of information required. I was
hoping to scan the form and then fill it i with the help of Word. Is this
possible?
AKH

You could try inserting text boxes over the areas in which information is
required. Make sure you format the boxes so that they have 'No line' and 'No
Fill'

"Chewbacca" wrote:

I am trying to fill out forms with a lot of information required. I was
hoping to scan the form and then fill it i with the help of Word. Is this
possible?

Graham Mayor

For a one-off the amount of work involved in doing this is sufficient to
render it not worthwhile. Using Wod you need to scan the form as a graphic
and build the document on top with tables. It takes hours of work for it not
to look a mess. Some versions of Finereader include a form filling module
that make the job easier, but i still wouldn't bother for a one off, but for
repetitively filling the same form layout this application is pretty good.