tferro

Default truncated merge fields

Hello --

I create reports in Word 2002 with data merged from Excel 2002. I set
up the reports with the Mail Merge menu options in Word. Merge fields
truncate after 255 characters. Strangely enough, report fields _used
to_ merge completely, even if cell contents in data source were quite
lengthy. Now it has stopped working for some reason. Any ideas on why
this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Tferro

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mailmerge main document, you will be asked
for the method by which the connection should be made. Try the DDE method.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP