Lloyd

Default endnotes placed at end of each chapter

I'm attempting to set up different chapters in a book whereby the endnotes
for each chapter appear at the end of each chapter with each chapter being in
it's own section. To achieve this I see mention of using the suppress
endnotes feature, however, this option is greyed out in the Layout tab of
File -- Page setup.

Does anyone know how to make this option available?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lloyd
Stefan Blom

Well, the document must contain at least one inserted section break
(so that there are at least two Word sections), and you have to set
the placement of endnotes to "End of section" rather than "End of
document", in the Note Options dialog box. Then you can use the
"Suppress endnotes" option to control after which sections endnotes
display.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lloyd" wrote in message
I'm attempting to set up different chapters in a book whereby the

endnotes
for each chapter appear at the end of each chapter with each chapter

being in
it's own section. To achieve this I see mention of using the

suppress
endnotes feature, however, this option is greyed out in the Layout

tab of
File -- Page setup.

Does anyone know how to make this option available?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lloyd

Stefan Blom

I'm glad I could help.