DiTab1

Default Merging Multiple Records for Same Person to One Letter

Yes, it's me again... here is my current situation.

I have an access database (I didn't create) which lists {Member_Name}
{Amount_Due}. The problem is that if a member has more then one amount due
it is listed as a seperate record. I would like to create a letter advising
the member of the amount(s) due and have all info on one letter:

Dear {Member_Name},

Please be advised that the following amounts are still outstanding:

{Amount_Due}
{Amount_Due}

etc, etc, etc.

Is there a way to get the merge to understand that if the same member name
in the next record to just keep adding to the {Amount_Due} list? I read the
example w/the doctors in the MS Knowledgebase...maybe I'm just not getting it
but it doesn't work when I try it.

Thanks for any help!

~Di
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

This is really easier to do with a Report in Access.

Word does not really have the ability to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

How to Work Around Duplicate Names in Mail Merge Data

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP