JEspirt

Default Not sure what to search in help for...

Hello.

When you open a Microsoft template, it has areas of text that highlight when
you click on them / position the cursor over them so you can insert your own
text - hints if you like. What is this functionality called so I can look it
up in the help to learn how to do this to my own templates.

Many thanks in advance.
Shauna Kelly

Hi JEspirt

It's probably a MACROBUTTON field. They are wonderfully easy to create. Just
do ctrl-F9. Within the brackets that Word gives you, type so it looks like
this:

{ MACROBUTTON nomacro Click here to enter some text }

then press F9.

More generally, if you do Alt-F9 you can toggle between displaying field
codes and field results. You can then see the name of the field that is
being used, and you can look that up in Word's help. And you can insert all
Fields using Insert Field.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word