Jordan

Default Email merge

I have a list in Excel. The first column is a name. The name can be used
more than once and then the other columns are information about the name.
Example:

Jordan 10/12/2005 A
Jordan 10/13/2005 B
Jordan1 10/14/2005 C
Jordan1 10/12/2005 D
Jordan2 10/13/2005 E

I merged this in Word but it sends 2 emails to Jordan, 2 to Jordan1 and 1 to
Jordan2. Is there a way to have one email sent based on the name being the
same. So the email to Jordan would be:

10/12/2005 A
10/13/2005 B

The other problem that I have is that I need the emails created and then for
the user to add the email address.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Word does not really have the ability to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

How to Work Around Duplicate Names in Mail Merge Data

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jordan" wrote in message
I have a list in Excel. The first column is a name. The name can be used
more than once and then the other columns are information about the name.
Example:

Jordan 10/12/2005 A
Jordan 10/13/2005 B
Jordan1 10/14/2005 C
Jordan1 10/12/2005 D
Jordan2 10/13/2005 E

I merged this in Word but it sends 2 emails to Jordan, 2 to Jordan1 and 1
Jordan2. Is there a way to have one email sent based on the name being
the
same. So the email to Jordan would be:

10/12/2005 A
10/13/2005 B

The other problem that I have is that I need the emails created and then
for
the user to add the email address.

How do I email merge from Word to Outlook Express? M Hart Mailmerge 0 June 14th 05 05:32 PM
Email option for Mail Merge not accepting FIRST LAST for TO name field in step 6 wlf Mailmerge 1 June 10th 05 08:37 AM
How do I attach a document in an Outlook email merge? M1031 Mailmerge 2 May 16th 05 07:21 PM
email a mail merge Dan Mailmerge 2 March 10th 05 10:06 PM
Email Merge: Need to have URL show as active hyperlink Manash Mailmerge 1 December 22nd 04 12:51 AM