David Bauer

Default How do I save Custom Colors in Word?

I am defining a custom color to be entered in a cell for a word document. I
am following a template document so the layout is already pre-set. Is there
a way to save a custom color in word so that it can be applied by a click of
the mouse instead of entering the colour information for every single cell i
want changed? (Cell sizes vary in this document so a cut + paste option does
not work)

Thank You everyone!

David

There is no way to save custom colors for shading except as part of an
AutoText entry. Shading color can be defined as part of a paragraph style or
table style, but the former won't shade the entire cell, and the latter
doesn't work very well.

"David Bauer" David wrote in message
I am defining a custom color to be entered in a cell for a word document.

am following a template document so the layout is already pre-set. Is

there
a way to save a custom color in word so that it can be applied by a click

of
the mouse instead of entering the colour information for every single cell

want changed? (Cell sizes vary in this document so a cut + paste option

does
not work)

Thank You everyone!

David

Tony Jollans

You can write (or record) a macro to set the colour and assign it to a
toolbar button, for example

Sub CustomShade()
With Selection.Cells
With .Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = 15132788
End With
End With
End Sub

then all you need to do put the cursor in the cell and click on the button.

(this is assuming you want cell shading in your custom colour - if it's
something else you want coloured, come back)

--
Enjoy,
Tony