Berkbuns

Default Numbering lists in word tables

Within a table, how do I make the numbering go down column 1 to the bottom of
the table, then to the top of column 2 and go down to the bottom, then up to
the top of column 3 and go down to the bottom, and so forth, instead of
across the first row of each column and then to the second row and across
each column? I don't want to use section breaks or actual columns - I want
it in the table.

Thanks
Stefan Blom

Format the document to use as many newspaper columns as needed and
then insert a single-column table.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Berkbuns" wrote in message
Within a table, how do I make the numbering go down column 1 to the

bottom of
the table, then to the top of column 2 and go down to the bottom,

then up to
the top of column 3 and go down to the bottom, and so forth, instead

of
across the first row of each column and then to the second row and

across
each column? I don't want to use section breaks or actual columns -

I want
it in the table.

Thanks

Stefan Blom

Some things to consider (to get a "table look"):

1. Make sure that cells "match across columns", by specifying a fixed
height for the table rows: Select the entire table. On the Table menu,
click Table Properties. Click the Row tab. Check "Specify height",
type the value you want, and then specify "Exactly" for "Row height
is". Click OK.

2. In FormatColumns, reduce the Spacing between newspaper columns to
a minimum.

3. If the table should have borders, make sure that you remove either
left or right borders for the appropriate cells, so that you don't get
"double" borders for rows positioned in the inner newspaper columns.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP