Mary Lee

Default Is there a way to automatically repeat the word "continued" ...

Is there a way to automatically repeat the word "continued" at the bottom of
a multiple-page table of contents? It would work something like Header Rows
Repeat but at the bottom of the page instead of the top.
--
Thanks!
Mary Lee
Jezebel

There's no built-in method. You could do it this way --

1. Put a new-page section break at the end of the TOC.

2. Clear the 'Same as previous' setting for the subsequent section footers.

3. In the TOC footer, add a field: { IF { PAGE } { SECTIONPAGES }
"Continued" }. This will display "Continued" on all but the last page of the
section. You'll probably need to push the footer up a little into the body
of the page to get the positioning right, or use an unbordered textbox
anchored to the footer.

If your TOC is preceded only by a title page, you can use a different first
page header so you don't get 'Continued' on the title page also. If you have
more preceding pages, add a new page section break before the TOC and add
some arithmetic to the field ---

{ IF { = { PAGE } + n } { SECTIONPAGES } "Continued" }

where n is the number of preceding pages.

"Mary Lee" wrote in message
Is there a way to automatically repeat the word "continued" at the bottom
of
a multiple-page table of contents? It would work something like Header
Rows
Repeat but at the bottom of the page instead of the top.
--
Thanks!
Mary Lee

Mary Lee

OK, Jezebel, I am playing with this. But it is not my TOC I want to do this
to - it's a long Bill of Materials. I can't put section breaks on a page with
a continuing table like that. If I split the table so that I can, then the
whole concept of automating the breaks is lost. Perhaps it just can't be
done. (
--
Thanks!
Mary Lee