ctsere

Default How do I paste an excel file into a word document?

I have MS Office 2003 installed on my computer, Windows XP. I'm having a
hard time pasting the actual file. I do not want to paste the contents of
the excel spreadsheet, just the file itself. Has anyone ran into this
problem before?
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:18:02 -0800, ctsere
wrote:

I have MS Office 2003 installed on my computer, Windows XP. I'm having a
hard time pasting the actual file. I do not want to paste the contents of
the excel spreadsheet, just the file itself. Has anyone ran into this
problem before?

Go to Insert Object Create from File. Click the Browse button and
select the Excel file. Check the box for "Display as icon".

If you intend to send the Word document to someone else, don't check
the "Link to file" box. When that isn't checked, the Excel file is
embedded inside the Word document. When it is checked, the only thing
in the Word file is a link to the Excel file; and if the Excel file
isn't in the exact same folder on the recipient's computer as it was
on yours, the link will be broken.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
CyberTaz

Your post is a bit unclear, as the contents of the spreadsheet _is_ the file
(or vce versa).

Do you mean that you want to display just the Excel icon? And if so, is it
for illustration purposes only, or do you want to be able to open the Excel
file by using the icon?

Regards |:)