Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClassyIrish

Default Header/Footer

Hi Jen,
Go to 'file' 'page setup', the last tab is 'layout' the second heading on
the dialog box is 'headers & footers'. Click on 'different first page' and
that should solve your problem.

"Jen" wrote:

We use a letterhead in our department and it was created using the header and
the footer part (of Word 2000), so that you can just click into the "body" of
the letterhead and just type your letter.

Most of our letters are brief (paragraph or two), but today I noticed that
if you keep typing a letter it creates a second page with another letterhead.
We need to have a blank page for the second (and third, so on) page. I
cannot seem to get it to do that. I am savvy enough to manipulate it so that
it is a blank second page. But not everyone can do that.

Can someone tell me how to create a letterhead using the header/footer, so
that is just stays on the first page (and not move to the second page)???