Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane

Default how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?

how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can insert the { FILENAME \p } field anywhere in a document using Insert
| Field. In a header or footer, you can use the "Filename and path" AutoText
entry from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.

"Shane" wrote in message
news
how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane

Thank you Suzanne. I knew about that but the user has a button on a tool bar
called FilePath. I'm sure it's a macro and my experience with creating them
is pretty minimal. I can create one that does that but the button has the
long name for it. I was hoping someone could point me to a macro I could
download that does this. Thanks again for your help.

Shane

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can insert the { FILENAME \p } field anywhere in a document using Insert
| Field. In a header or footer, you can use the "Filename and path" AutoText
entry from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.

"Shane" wrote in message
news
how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane

I made it easier on myself and pointed his normal.dot to the one with the
macro. I should have thought of that in the beginning.

Shane

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can insert the { FILENAME \p } field anywhere in a document using Insert
| Field. In a header or footer, you can use the "Filename and path" AutoText
entry from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.

"Shane" wrote in message
news
how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Normal.dot is *not* a file intended to be shared. You can copy custom
toolbars and associated macros using the Organizer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can insert the { FILENAME \p } field anywhere in a document
using Insert
Field. In a header or footer, you can use the "Filename and path"
AutoText
entry from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Shane" wrote in message
news how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No macro needed; you can create a toolbar button from any AutoText entry.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can insert the { FILENAME \p } field anywhere in a document using

Insert
| Field. In a header or footer, you can use the "Filename and path"

AutoText
entry from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Shane" wrote in message
news
how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Normal.dot should _not_ be shared! See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.

And, as Suzanne points out, you don't need a macro. Simply a customization
adding the AutoText entry to your menu/toolbar.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Shane" wrote in message
news how do I add the filepath button in Word 2003?

How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 08:32 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I get all my Word documents within one Word window RobJacobs Microsoft Word Help 5 April 12th 05 03:04 AM