Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim K

Default Printing Bleeds

In printer's terminology, printing right to the physical edge of the paper is
called a "bleed". My printer is a high end laser that is perfectly capable of
this task and I can do it from programs like Quark.

Perhaps unfortunately, I have a number of WORD documents in which I would
like to use "bleeds". The page sizes are all non-standard, so I have to
create a custom page size in FilePageSetup. When I attempt to fill that page
with stuff, WORD will not print right to the edge. I get messages saying that
the text is "Outside of the printable area" (or similar) and the text
(actually in my case it is a picture in a text box) gets truncated at the
edges.

How do I do a "bleed"?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Can you do a full bleed non-standard size in other programs?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jim K" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim K

Hello JoAnn

Yes, MS Publisher and Quark Express do it fine. However I have found the
trick to do it in Word. Make the custom page size a bit larger than necessary
and put up with the warning that the margins are outside of the printable
area. Fortunately Word allows one to ignore the warning rather than reseting
the margins.

When the printer actually trims the paper it will get trimmed to the edge of
the object (generally a picture or sidebar) properly.

Thanks.