Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uriel

Default Applying styles via keyboard, e.g. "N" for Normal

In Word 2000, Alt-O,S (Format / Style) would bring up a nice list of styles
from which I could choose by typing the first letter (e.g. "N" for the
Normal style).

In 2003 a large pane appears, crowding the editing window to the left of the
desktop, and keystrokes are ignored.

Can I get back to the 2000 behavior?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:25:08 -0500, "Uriel" wrote:

In Word 2000, Alt-O,S (Format / Style) would bring up a nice list of styles
from which I could choose by typing the first letter (e.g. "N" for the
Normal style).

In 2003 a large pane appears, crowding the editing window to the left of the
desktop, and keystrokes are ignored.

Can I get back to the 2000 behavior?

Yes, you can.

Open the Tools Customize dialog and click the Commands tab. In the
Categories list, click Format. Scroll down the Commands list and find
the one that says "Style..." This is the old command. Drag that
command from the Customize dialog and drop it on the Format menu or on
the Formatting toolbar or both. You can also drag off the existing
command and/or button (which correspond to the "Styles and
Formatting..." command in the dialog).

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm
for illustrated instructions. You may also want to read
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uriel

Exactly what I needed! Thanks much!

That also gives me back my lost "organizer" (which I asked after in separate
post)!