Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PMK

Default Formatting error

I have noticed that every so often, when i attempt to print a file that
somehow all the text formats to the left e.g. all letters etc on top of each
other.

Can anyone explain how this is caused. If I save the file and then import
it into a new document the formatting error is gone - obviously the new
documents formatting takes precedence.

Any ideas most appreciated

PMK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

According to Office MVP Bob Buckland, this problem could be
caused by Word temporarily losing track of the printer driver.
You can usually fix the problem by clicking on File-Print,
change printers, change back, then Close.

PMK wrote:

I have noticed that every so often, when i attempt to print a file that
somehow all the text formats to the left e.g. all letters etc on top of each
other.

Can anyone explain how this is caused. If I save the file and then import
it into a new document the formatting error is gone - obviously the new
documents formatting takes precedence.

Any ideas most appreciated

PMK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PMK

Thanks for the tip

It hasnt done it since I posted but I will bear it in mind for the next time

many thanks

PMK