Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracy Thomas

Default Update cross-reference text

This seems like a simple issue, but I cannot find the answer anywhere on this
forum or in Word help.

I have inserted a cross reference to a section number. So, the text in my
document reads: "See section 3.1" where "3.1" is a cross-reference to a
paragraph number.

I have rearranged the document, and what used to be section 3.1 is now
section 4.1. But, the text that appears in my sentence above does not change.
If I right click on the cross-reference, and choose "Update field," the
reference does update, and my text does now read "See section 4.1." However,
I would like to update all my cross-references in the entire document at
once, instead of manually having to right-click on each one.

To that end, I tried selecting all text, and using F9, but nothing happened.
Can you please shed light on the way to update all cross-references in a
document?

Thank you,
Tracy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quickest way is to use PrintPreview.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tracy Thomas" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracy Thomas

Thank you! This has been bugging me for a while. I recently discovered
these discussion groups, and appreciate the help available.

--Tracy