Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
XY

Default page pagination

For some reason sometimes there is only 1/4 of a page of typing and then it
goes onto the next page. When I delete the space it takes the whole lot down
- in other words there is even less at the top of the page. There are no
extra spaces etc in the document which seem to need deleting. I am using
Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Check the following:

1. In FilePage Setup, Layout tab, make sure that Vertical Alignment
is set to "Top".

2. Is one or more paragraphs set to "Keep with next", "Keep lines
together" and/or "Page break before" (on the Line and Page Breaks tab
of FormatParagraph)? Clear the settings for all paragraphs except
those that really need them.

3. In FormatParagraph, Indents and Spacing tab, verify that Line
Spacing and Spacing Before/After is what you want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"XY" wrote in message
For some reason sometimes there is only 1/4 of a page of typing and
then it
goes onto the next page. When I delete the space it takes the whole
lot down
- in other words there is even less at the top of the page. There
are no
extra spaces etc in the document which seem to need deleting. I am
using
Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
XY

"XY" wrote in message
For some reason sometimes there is only 1/4 of a page of typing and
then it
goes onto the next page. When I delete the space it takes the whole
lot down
- in other words there is even less at the top of the page. There
are no
extra spaces etc in the document which seem to need deleting. I am
using
Word 2003.

Thank you so much. Just wondering if there is any way I can correct the whole document at once instead of paragraph by paragraph?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

For suggestion 1: In the Page Setup dialog box, you can choose which
part of the document to apply changes; to change Vertical Alignment
for all sections, choose "Whole document" in the "Apply to" box.

For suggestions 2 and 3: You can use EditReplace to find and replace
paragraph formatting. A good long-term solution would be to learn
about styles and apply them to the appropriate paragraphs. (Then you
can easily remove undesired formatting not in style by pressing Ctrl+Q
[to remove paragraph formatting] and Ctrl+SpaceBar [to remove font
formatting].) See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html.

--
Stefan Blom