Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ian

Default Frames and Tables in 2002/2003

When I insert a table into a Word 2002/2003 document, sometimes a frame will
appear around the table (which then causes Word to Crash). How can I disable
frames completely in Word?

Any help is appriciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Ian,

When I insert a table into a Word 2002/2003 document, sometimes a frame will
appear around the table (which then causes Word to Crash). How can I disable
frames completely in Word?

There's nothing built into Word that will insert a table into a frame. Any
possibility there's an Addin installed on your system that could be causing
this? Are there any steps you follow that consistently reproduce the problem?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you are working in Print Layout view and inadvertently nudge the table
handle (top left corner), the table becomes wrapped. In Word 97 and earlier,
this will cause it to appear framed. Word 2003 (and possibly 2002 as well)
supports breaking wrapped tables across pages; earlier versions do not,
which can cause problems.