Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David F

Default Center a word and the whole document centers.

I am working on several quick reference documents that will go to users
during a mass install of PC's. I am using 2 columns with arial font set to
10 and there are continuous section breaks throughout the document. . My
problem is cropping up across all these documents. When I go to center a
word within a column i.e., figure 1, then the whole document centers. I use
the undo button and the document resets itself and the item I am trying to
center is centered. The same thing happens when I do a bold face, change
font size, style, etc. Just not sure what is causing this. Any help is
definitely appreciated.

David Frazier
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

"David F" wrote in message
I am working on several quick reference documents that will go to users
during a mass install of PC's. I am using 2 columns with arial font set
10 and there are continuous section breaks throughout the document. . My
problem is cropping up across all these documents. When I go to center a
word within a column i.e., figure 1, then the whole document centers. I
use
the undo button and the document resets itself and the item I am trying to
center is centered. The same thing happens when I do a bold face, change
font size, style, etc. Just not sure what is causing this. Any help is
definitely appreciated.

David Frazier

David,
I believe that the answer to your problem is to have a paragraph (Enter key)
instead of a line break (Shift+Enter) both before and after the single word
that you want to have centered. Turn on the Show/Hide feature (on the tool
bar).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi David-

Everything you need to know (almost) is contained he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

thanks to Suzanne Barnhill.

HTH |:)