Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AngelT

Default Appending rows to protected document

I use the protect document option on forms, so to simplify data entry for
users. However, we do have some documents which include tables that may
require the user to append additional rows. What is the best way to work
around this problem?
1. Way to unprotect just the one area (table) so user can append rows to
his/hers hearts desire.
2. Append a note to this area, explaining how to unprotect the document
(and not have this note print out with the document)

Thank you for all your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QW5nZWxU?=,

I use the protect document option on forms, so to simplify data entry for
users. However, we do have some documents which include tables that may
require the user to append additional rows. What is the best way to work
around this problem?
1. Way to unprotect just the one area (table) so user can append rows to
his/hers hearts desire.
2. Append a note to this area, explaining how to unprotect the document
(and not have this note print out with the document)

A macro solution would certainly be the most user-friendly. Click a button,
and the macro unprotects, inserts the row, then re-protects without losing
user input.

Barring that: (1) is not possible. (2) You can insert a comment to give
instructions; it's certainly possible to print out documents without
comments showing. Hidden text is another possibility.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AngelT

Thank you for your response Cindy. :c)
I have concluded the "easiest" solution is to definitely just prompt the
user to unprotect the doc' via a hidden text comment. Thus is what I've
done. Not a major issue, just the little "programmer" in me, to simplify
these sort of things for the user as much as possible.

Hi ?B?QW5nZWxU?=,