Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brian Kaplan

Default Insert Column when merged cells exist

I have a table with several merged cells. When I try to insert a new column
to the right of where merged cells exist in the table headers (the top 3 rows
of the column, the first couple of rows end up in one place and the body of
the column end up else where with the margins of the header rows all messed
up. I tried inserting the column next to a column without merged cells and
moving it over and the same thing happened. I tried splitting the cells to
what I remembered to be the unmerged state and tried inserting but the same
thing happened. I really don't want to unmerge all the cells to add another
column. Any suggestions.

Thanks
Brian Kaplan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QnJpYW4gS2FwbGFu?=,

I have a table with several merged cells. When I try to insert a new column
to the right of where merged cells exist in the table headers (the top 3 rows
of the column, the first couple of rows end up in one place and the body of
the column end up else where with the margins of the header rows all messed
up. I tried inserting the column next to a column without merged cells and
moving it over and the same thing happened. I tried splitting the cells to
what I remembered to be the unmerged state and tried inserting but the same
thing happened. I really don't want to unmerge all the cells to add another
column. Any suggestions.

At this stage, all I can suggest would be to put the additional column(s) in a
frame or text box next to the existing table. But you won't be able to TAB into
them, or anything like that. It would purely be a visual thing.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brian Kaplan

Cindy, Thanks for your time reading the post and your suggestion. While not
perfect, it will certainly get me by in certain situations.