Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JoeP

Default cell alignment reverts to previous value on close.

When I set cell alignment to (for example) lower right, and save the file, I
would have expected to see it be lower right again when I re-open the file,
but it seems not.... what might I be doing wrong????

Thanks!
Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Sm9lUA==?=,

When I set cell alignment to (for example) lower right, and save the file, I
would have expected to see it be lower right again when I re-open the file,
but it seems not.... what might I be doing wrong????

Which version of Word do you have? What file format are you saving in (look
very carefully at the bottom-most dropdown box in the File/Save As dialog box)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JoeP

I'm working with Word 2002, and the file format is Word Document (*.doc)

Thanks for the response, and any help you can offer!
Joe

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Sm9lUA==?=,

When I set cell alignment to (for example) lower right, and save the file, I
would have expected to see it be lower right again when I re-open the file,
but it seems not.... what might I be doing wrong????

Which version of Word do you have? What file format are you saving in (look
very carefully at the bottom-most dropdown box in the File/Save As dialog box)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Sm9lUA==?=,

I'm working with Word 2002, and the file format is Word Document (*.doc)

I can't imagine what this would be if you're saving as a word Document (rather than
RTF or Word6/95 format).

If you hold CTRL and start Word, insert a table, add some text and format the
cells, then save, close and open it again...

Do you still see the problem, or has it gone away?

When I set cell alignment to (for example) lower right, and save the file, I
would have expected to see it be lower right again when I re-open the file,
but it seems not.... what might I be doing wrong????

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marabeth

I'm having the exact same problem. I have many tables in a document, all of
which were created using a user-defined table format. The formatting of
centering a cell will revert back to right-aligned on close. Is this because
it is using the default properties for the table (which are right-aligned)?
If so, how can I override it? Any help is much appreciated!!

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Sm9lUA==?=,

I'm working with Word 2002, and the file format is Word Document (*.doc)

I can't imagine what this would be if you're saving as a word Document (rather than
RTF or Word6/95 format).

If you hold CTRL and start Word, insert a table, add some text and format the
cells, then save, close and open it again...

Do you still see the problem, or has it gone away?

When I set cell alignment to (for example) lower right, and save the file, I
would have expected to see it be lower right again when I re-open the file,
but it seems not.... what might I be doing wrong????

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWFyYWJldGg=?=,

I'm having the exact same problem. I have many tables in a document, all of
which were created using a user-defined table format. The formatting of
centering a cell will revert back to right-aligned on close. Is this because
it is using the default properties for the table (which are right-aligned)?

The most "obvious" reason that occurs to me for what you describe is:

The cell alignment is set by a paragraph style. And in Tools/Template and
Addins, the checkbox to update styles on open is activated. So the formatting
is resetting to the style definition.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

first line on new page same alignment and tabs as last line on previous page problem Keith G Hicks Microsoft Word Help 5 September 28th 05 07:37 AM
How to wrap text from cell to cell in a table. Jon Coulson Tables 2 August 8th 05 09:12 PM
vertical alignment cell Kelly Tables 1 July 28th 05 08:46 PM
Cell alignment in rows breaking across pages Al Tables 4 December 20th 04 03:35 AM
Repeat information in a previous cell Margaret Tables 1 November 17th 04 07:39 PM