Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RobinB

Default Need to rid document of styles

I frequently get large documents that have existing styles embedded into the
text. My job is to put it into a particular format using my existing styles
that I have set up for our company. I have been running into problems with
the old styles still embedded from the original document. Is there a way to
open a document and clear it of all of its existing styles? The way I have
been doing it is to save it as an ".rtf" and then opening it back up in Word.
Any tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

Use the Organizer. Select all styles and press delete. You'll get an error
message, which you can ignore, for the undeletable styles.