Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeni

Default How do I retrieve deleted data if a file has been saved?

From my notebook, I accidently deleted the text AND saved it. Is it possible
to retrieve the old text?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:13:02 -0800, "jeni"
wrote:

From my notebook, I accidently deleted the text AND saved it. Is it possible
to retrieve the old text?

If the document is still open, you can click Undo until the document
returns to the previous state. Once you close the document, though,
that's no longer possible.

If you have the "Always create backup" box checked in the Tools
Options Save dialog, you would find a file in the same folder, named
like "Backup of XYZ.wbk". This would be a copy of the document as it
was just before the most recent Save. See
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm.

You might have a backup if you did regular backups of all changed
files on your disk, but if you had that you'd know about it, and you
wouldn't be asking here. :-(

Among other remote possibilities, do you have a printed copy of the
document that you could scan and OCR? Do you have File Versions
turned on?

Otherwise, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to recover anything
useful.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well,

I suppose you can give a try to data recovery tools, such as Active@
undelete or Uneraser (DOS). Anyway, these are IMHO the most powerful
ones, that never failed me ever before. That can be your real chance,
try it out.

http://www.active-undelete.com/

http://www.uneraser.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lukeles

Hello,

EASEUS DataRecoveryWizard utility can help. Speaking about me, it was
easily able to restore deleted, lost file and unformat drive,
so I think you will also find it quite useful. Really recommended
tool, give it a try.

http://www.easeus.com/
--
Good work, Good day.