Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila D

Default Default File Location not working?

I've used Word since version 6 and now use 2003 and for some reason Deafult
file location no longer seems to work. Just noticed in last couple of days so
think must have been OK before. When I click Open or Save As it goes to last
folder I worked in not folder shown under FIle Locations, any ideas.....
Thanks

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The default file location is the folder Word starts in. After that it
defaults to the last-used folder except in the case of Save As, when it
defaults to the folder where the file being saved is stored.

"Sheila D" wrote in message
I've used Word since version 6 and now use 2003 and for some reason

Deafult
file location no longer seems to work. Just noticed in last couple of days

so
think must have been OK before. When I click Open or Save As it goes to

last
folder I worked in not folder shown under FIle Locations, any ideas.....
Thanks

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila D

Hi Suzanne

If the default is the folder Word starts in surely when I close Word and
then re-open it should go back to the default? I know that during a work
session it goes to last used but expect it to go to default if I close and
then re-open.... or does this only kick in when PC is completely closed down.
Thanks for your help

Sheila

"Sheila D" wrote in message
I've used Word since version 6 and now use 2003 and for some reason

Deafult
file location no longer seems to work. Just noticed in last couple of days

so
think must have been OK before. When I click Open or Save As it goes to

last
folder I worked in not folder shown under FIle Locations, any ideas.....
Thanks

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

When you close and re-open (all instances of) Word, yes, it should be reset
to the default. Are you, perhaps, using Word as your Outlook editor? If so,
an instance of Word remains open until you also close Outlook.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The default file location is the folder Word starts in. After that it
defaults to the last-used folder except in the case of Save As, when it
defaults to the folder where the file being saved is stored.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sheila D" wrote in message
I've used Word since version 6 and now use 2003 and for some reason

Deafult
file location no longer seems to work. Just noticed in last couple of

days
so
think must have been OK before. When I click Open or Save As it goes

last
folder I worked in not folder shown under FIle Locations, any

ideas.....
Thanks

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila D

Ahh - that will be the answer Tony, I am using Word as Outlook editor - a
useful piece of info, thanks a lot

Sheila

"Sheila D" wrote in message
I've used Word since version 6 and now use 2003 and for some reason
Deafult
file location no longer seems to work. Just noticed in last couple of

days
so
think must have been OK before. When I click Open or Save As it goes

last
folder I worked in not folder shown under FIle Locations, any

ideas.....
Thanks

Sheila

Word 2003 - Default saving location? JasonD Microsoft Word Help 1 September 25th 05 02:05 AM
Word 2003 - File and Tools drowndown menus stopped working Russ Abrams Microsoft Word Help 1 April 30th 05 12:06 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
how to reset to default (blank out) the clipart file location in . Mark M Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 05 10:03 PM
how to reset to default (blank out) the clipart file location in . Mark M Microsoft Word Help 0 February 2nd 05 08:55 PM