Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle

Default Moving to next change when reviewing tracked changes

When reviewing Tracked Changes, can Word 2003 be triggered to automatically
move to the next €śchange€ť after I accept or reject a change? This will allow
me to move through the changes more quickly than by having to click the
"Next" or "Previous" button to review each item in sequence.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Michelle wrote:
When reviewing Tracked Changes, can Word 2003 be triggered to
automatically move to the next "change" after I accept or reject a
change? This will allow me to move through the changes more quickly
than by having to click the "Next" or "Previous" button to review
each item in sequence.

This used to be the way the Reviewing tool worked in previous versions of
Word, and we have no idea why it was left out. Fortunately, you can restore
the old tool and use it instead of the inferior new one.

Display the Reviewing toolbar, and then open the Tools Customize dialog.
In the Categories list, select "All Commands". In the Commands list, scroll
down to find the ToolsReviewRevisions item. Grab that item with your mouse
cursor and drag it to the Reviewing toolbar. Drop it wherever it makes sense
to you. The caption on the button is "Accept or Reject Changes..."

If you'd rather have an icon instead of the text label, right-click the new
button, click Change Button Image, and select one. (If you don't like any of
the choices, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...ttonImages.htm.) Then
right-click again and choose Default Style.

Finally, close the Customize dialog. When you exit Word, if prompted to save
changes to Normal.dot, say yes.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open the Tools | Customize dialog, select the All Commands category on the
Commands tab, and scroll down to ToolsReviewRevisions. Drag this to your
Reviewing toolbar (it doesn't have an assigned icon, so you'll have to
either use text or assign a button face), and it will provide the
functionality you prefer.