Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
VB2

Default Keeping Rows Together on Page

Forgive what seems like it should be a simple question but that I cannot
figure out.

I cannot seem to get the 'Allow row to break accross pages' to work properly
(Word 2002). My rows each break accross a page individually, regardless of
whether the box is checked or not.

I understand that the following info. may (or may not) be pertinent: Text
wrapping for the table is set to None. The table is not in a frame. When I
select the whole table, the FormatParagraph the 'Keep with Next' option is
checked - if I uncheck it, hit Ok, and return to the dialog box, it is
checked again. However, the same option is unchecked if I open the same
dialog box with the cursor in any individual cell in the table (or outside
the table altogether).

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

How this is done is explained at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...bleon1page.htm.

Note, however, that if a table row has a fixed height specified (on
the Row tab of TableTable Properties), "Allow row to break across
pages" will act as if it was cleared. In other words, a fixed-height
row will either move to the following page or (if its height
exceeds that of the page) disappear into the bottom margin.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"VB2" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
VB2

Thank you for your reply. I had read this before, however, for whatever
reason, when I looked at it this time I noticed the part about not selecting
the last row. Clearly, it makes all the difference. Thanks.

"VB2" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

I'm glad you got it sorted!