Mo Iype

Default How do I view a wordperfect file

I used to be able to view wordperfect files before the Service Pack 2 was
automatically dowloaded and added to my system. Now I cannot. Can someone
let me know how to view a file sent to me in wordperfect format. I am using
a Microsoft Office 2002 product
Jay Freedman

Mo Iype wrote:
I used to be able to view wordperfect files before the Service Pack 2
was automatically dowloaded and added to my system. Now I cannot.
Can someone let me know how to view a file sent to me in wordperfect
format. I am using a Microsoft Office 2002 product

I'm not 100% sure this is a solution, but it can't hurt and it's worth a
try:

Follow the directions in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883090 or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870883 (they're the same directions).
Although the articles mention only the RTF converter, the registry setting
may control the WordPerfect converter as well.

Please post back and let us know whether or not this works. Inquiring minds
want to know!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Graham Mayor

Check the link to the WP converter on the downloads page of my web site -
and ensure that you view the readme file that accompanies the converter.
Backup existing files before replacing them.

Mo Iype wrote:
I used to be able to view wordperfect files before the Service Pack 2
was automatically dowloaded and added to my system. Now I cannot.
Can someone let me know how to view a file sent to me in wordperfect
format. I am using a Microsoft Office 2002 product

Jay Freedman

Hi Mo,

Sorry to hear it didn't work. Here's another possibility: download the old
WordPerfect converters from http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm. The file
you download is a zip file, and one of the files inside it is "readme.txt"
with instructions for how to install the other files.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman