Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
dennis

Default How do I recover an usaved word document

My wife did not save a word document. I would like to know if it is
recoverable from my hard drive.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
garfield-n-odie

If the document was never saved to the hard drive, then there is
nothing to recover from the hard drive.

dennis wrote:

My wife did not save a word document. I would like to know if it is
recoverable from my hard drive.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

In theory some residual image of some of the temp file might be lurking
somewhere, but it would take a lot of technical expertise to retrieve any of
it. In other words, no.

"dennis" wrote in message
My wife did not save a word document. I would like to know if it is
recoverable from my hard drive.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
dennis

Perhaps she did not tell me what she did, but I am assuming she did not click
save when the prompt box came up.The file was found, after going through
Windows Explorer, there was as unusual document in the Recyle bin, with an
ASD file code to it. It turned out to be the message.Perhaps because the
computer was not shut down it was there, but there were other files populated
there as well. So the reality of it is , the file can actually be found, and
you don't necessarily need to be a techie to find it....I was lucky this time

"dennis" wrote:

My wife did not save a word document. I would like to know if it is
recoverable from my hard drive.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

An .asd file is an AutoRecovery Backup. These exist (though usually not in
the Recycle Bin) as long as Word is open (assuming that the backup option is
enabled). The sole purpose of these backup files is to restore the document
if anything untoward happens and Word is not shut down properly. Perhaps
your wife had such a problem and was flustered when Word restarted and
presented her with the backup?