Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KiwiBrian

Default Converting to a table

I have a list of clients and email addresses that I want to import from Word
into Outlook.
I am trying to turn the list into comma separated values, one per row so
that I can import it into Outlook.
Is there a tutorial that would help with this seemingly straightforward
task?
On a related issue, how can I replace paragraph markers in a word list?
For example if I have several empty rows between entries, how can I
replace/remove them in one global command, or a succession of global replace
commands?
TIA
Brian Tozer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

KiwiBrian wrote:
I have a list of clients and email addresses that I want to import
from Word into Outlook.
I am trying to turn the list into comma separated values, one per row
so that I can import it into Outlook.
Is there a tutorial that would help with this seemingly
straightforward task?
On a related issue, how can I replace paragraph markers in a word
list? For example if I have several empty rows between entries, how
can I replace/remove them in one global command, or a succession of
global replace commands?
TIA
Brian Tozer

Hi Brian,

The article at http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm
covers both of your issues, although you'll have to use a little imagination
to look at the mailing addresses and see how the advice applies to email
addresses.

The key to the one-command question is the "Use wildcards" option in the
Replace dialog, as shown in the article.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman