Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dorna Tucker

Default Copy word table to Excel w/o splitting row

I copy/paste a word table (which is an address list with over 2,000 names) to
Excel. When I pasted the table in Excel, the column "Address" which may have
two lines of information and would be separated by a hard return (when
working in tables with Word) it took the second line of information and
started a new row. Which means it split the information in the row. How can
I prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Have you tried, in Excel, to choose Paste Special on the Edit menu,
and pick the "Text" option? (Of course, this won't preserve the font
formatting from Word.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP