Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donnithorn

Default How can I prevent a font from changing?

When I select Times New Roman and make it bold, Word changes the font to
Times New Roman Bold. This wreaks havoc when my heading within the text is
bold, but I specifically format the TOC entry (based on style) as NOT bold.
I don't have permission to delete the built-in font.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

TOC entries pick up font formatting applied as direct formatting. Any
formatting that is defined as part of the style will not be picked up. The
TOC assumes (reasonably enough) that any different formatting you apply
(bold for emphasis, italics for titles, etc.) is intentional and should be
replicated in the TOC. If you don't want the TOC entries to be bolded, add
the bold formatting to the heading style.