Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George F

Default The Tools/Customize command is greyed out

In Word 2003, I cannot customize my toolbars. The command is greyed out if a
document is open or not.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Is the document protected? If it is, you will not be able to select
Customize.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"George F" George wrote in message
In Word 2003, I cannot customize my toolbars. The command is greyed out if
document is open or not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George F

It was protected but I had given the password.
Many thanks for your help. George F

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Is the document protected? If it is, you will not be able to select
Customize.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"George F" George wrote in message
In Word 2003, I cannot customize my toolbars. The command is greyed out if
document is open or not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

There are a couple of possibilities - but both, I believe, require VBA to
set/unset.

The Tools Customize menu option can be disabled (in all versions of Word,
I believe) ...

CommandBars("Tools").Controls("Customize...").Enab led = False ' or True

Toolbar Customization can be completely disabled in Word 2003 ...

Commandbars.DisableCustomize = True ' or False

--
Enjoy,
Tony