Jim

Default Word 2003 dotted lines

I want to insert a line of dotted lines by using the tab key,
I'm making a form with replies to be inserted on the dotted line but I don't
want to use tables.
I am using Word 2003. Is it possible?
Jim

Jay Freedman

Jim wrote:
I want to insert a line of dotted lines by using the tab key,
I'm making a form with replies to be inserted on the dotted line but
I don't want to use tables.
I am using Word 2003. Is it possible?
Jim

Word calls that a "leader". You need to open the Format Tabs dialog, put
in the position of the tab stop (distance from the left margin), select the
dotted line from the list of leaders, click the Set button, and click OK.
Type a tab character, and the dotted line will go from the start of the tab
to where you placed the tab stop.

Doing it this way will affect only the paragraph(s) selected when you open
the dialog, and any paragraph you create by pressing Enter in a previously
formatted paragraph. For more consistent use, you can create or modify a
paragraph style to include the tab stop.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

But this will not allow you to type an answer on the dotted line. You can
apply a dotted border to a paragraph, but I doubt that will do what you
need, either. Have you tried tabs or spaces with a dotted underline applied?

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
[...]

In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 08:09 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Acrobat writer 5.0 Compatibility with word 2003 Norman Marshall Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 11:12 AM