kd1s

Default Autotext Fonts keep changing

Using Word 2000 SP3 - when we insert autotext it occasionally corrupts the
font

Ie. instead of using the Book Antiqua font we used when creating the
Autotext it changes to Times New Roman , even thought the document default
font is Book Antiqua 14pt. Italic

When the Autotext does get corrupted we fix it, then go back into Autotext
and delete the old entry and then recreate it with the text we've just
chosen.

I also tried to write protect normal.dot after making those corrections and
restricting the users rights to read only. No such luck, it still corrupts.

Richard Neville

Check the font selected in the style that applies to the apparently
corrupted paragraphs. If the autotext was recorded using one style and the
paragraph into which it's inserted has another style, this could be the
problem.

"kd1s" wrote in message
Using Word 2000 SP3 - when we insert autotext it occasionally corrupts the
font

Ie. instead of using the Book Antiqua font we used when creating the
Autotext it changes to Times New Roman , even thought the document
default
font is Book Antiqua 14pt. Italic

When the Autotext does get corrupted we fix it, then go back into Autotext
and delete the old entry and then recreate it with the text we've just
chosen.

I also tried to write protect normal.dot after making those corrections
and
restricting the users rights to read only. No such luck, it still
corrupts.

Charles Kenyon

If the AutoText contains one or more paragraph marks, it will carry
paragraph style information into the target document in much the same way as
text that has been copied and pasted.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.