Greg

Default Deleting Header on First Page

I have a "Manual" that I have written. I have the (45) pages layed out in the
format that I want. I have also created a cover for the manual on a separate
page.

I want to insert the manual into the cover so as to have one document that
can be printed. The problem is, every time I insert the manual into the
cover, the cover takes on the header and footer that is on the manual itself.
I do not want the cover to display the header and I don't want it to be
counted as a page (1 of 45).

Please help,
Greg
Margaret Aldis

Hi Greg

The simplest way of dealing with this is to use File Page Setup and check
'Different First Page' on the Layout tab. That should give you no header and
footer on the first page of the document, leaving your existing header and
footer on all following pages. You will also need to change the page
numbering to start at 0.

(Note that in the more general case of combining two documents with
different page layout you'd need to use a section break, but you should be
able to avoid that here.)

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP