Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
monica

Default My commands menu is missing how do I get it back?

My menu of commands and all tool bars are missing. All I have when opening a
document is the blue bar and small word icon in left corner. How do you
restore the commands and tool bars?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ellie

I had the exact same thing happen to work 97 and I cannot get the tool bars
back on. Did anyone help you to restore your tool bars. If so, what did you
do?
ellie

"monica" wrote:

My menu of commands and all tool bars are missing. All I have when opening a
document is the blue bar and small word icon in left corner. How do you
restore the commands and tool bars?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Have you read the link in the reply you posted to?
See also http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm

"monica" wrote:

My menu of commands and all tool bars are missing. All I have when
opening a document is the blue bar and small word icon in left
corner. How do you restore the commands and tool bars?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you read the article I cited at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...gMenusEtc.htm?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"monica" wrote in message
My menu of commands and all tool bars are missing. All I have when

opening a
document is the blue bar and small word icon in left corner. How do

you
restore the commands and tool bars?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ellie

I copied the article. The one thing I am afraid of is messing with the
registry, that I might mess up something. I don't know how to make a copy of
it to be safe.
ellie

"monica" wrote in message
My menu of commands and all tool bars are missing. All I have when
opening a
document is the blue bar and small word icon in left corner. How do

you
restore the commands and tool bars?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Before deleting the Registry key, you can right-click on it and choose
Export. Though there is no harm in deleting this particular key, which will
be rebuilt, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...eySettings.htm

"monica" wrote in message
My menu of commands and all tool bars are missing. All I have

when
opening a
document is the blue bar and small word icon in left corner. How

do
you
restore the commands and tool bars?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You are not going to cause any major damage in this Word related area of the
registry that will stop Windows from running and then if all else fails you
can roll back Windows to before the change. If you want to see it in
pictures - see http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm