Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jk7

Default Add a medical dictionary

I would like to add the entire Dorlands Medical Dictionary to my MS Word
2003, but when I do TOOLS, CUSTOM DICTIONARY, ADD, and I enter the file to
open, it only leaves the file name bar blank. Is it possible to add an
entire new, already published dictionary?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Not unless the dictionary is intended to be used in such a manner. Custom
dictionaries are text files with a list of Words one to a line. Unless your
dictionary is similar, or its content can be exported to such a text file, I
doubt very much that it can be added as a custom dictionary. Third party
dictionary tools that are intended to be used with Word are usually supplied
with an add-in to integrate the two.

jk7 wrote:
I would like to add the entire Dorlands Medical Dictionary to my MS
Word 2003, but when I do TOOLS, CUSTOM DICTIONARY, ADD, and I enter
the file to open, it only leaves the file name bar blank. Is it
possible to add an entire new, already published dictionary?

A FREE MEDICAL DICTIONARY TO ADD TO THE SPELL CHECK in MS word KED Microsoft Word Help 3 October 12th 05 04:16 AM
Medical Dictionary Lindy New Users 3 October 9th 05 02:44 PM
A medical dictionary for spellchecking in Word. Realtor Tim Microsoft Word Help 0 June 14th 05 07:37 PM
medical dictionary holisticmom42 Microsoft Word Help 2 February 11th 05 01:03 AM
Medical Dictionary or related for Word? JMC New Users 2 November 28th 04 08:00 AM