W. Smith

Default inconsistent margins

A client of mine brought in a dissertation that needs to have consistent 1"
bottom margins throughout all 300+ pages. Bottom margin has been set in page
setup to 1" and applied to whole document. Margins are not consistent
throughout, they vary from 1" to 1.25", which is unacceptable to the
department.

Is there any way to set up Word 2002 so that the margins are consistently 1"
at the bottom on every page? Are they asking me to do the impossible?
Daiya Mitchell

Ran into this with my diss....

(if the margins are varying by sections or chapters)
You need to make sure that the entire document has the same setting for the
bottom margin *and* for the Footer "from edge" setting, *and* make sure
there are no empty paragraphs in any of the footers.

(if the margins are varying by page)
After that, Word will still adjust the bottom line as necessary if you have
widow/orphan protection on.

For detailed information, see he
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm
DM