theatrefan

Default print layout default

when I open many of my word files, they have to be clicked to "print layout"
in order to read them properly, so is there a way to default all my word
files to "print layout" in the view tab? Thanks.
Stefan Blom

Make sure that your document has the desired view and zoom when you
save and close it; this should still be in effect the next time you
open the document. Otherwise, you can use AutoOpen and AutoNew macros
to force the desired settings:

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = 3
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = 3
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

In the above code, you can choose another percentage than 100. In
addition, you can use a different type than 3, which means Print
Layout View. For example, you can use 1 for Normal View.

If you need help installing the macros, please see:

Stefan Blom