Renjith

Default Bullets and Numbering

Hi,
I am facing some problems in Word VBA. One is how can I change the
Automatic Color from black to some other say green. Second one is : When you
click on a Bulleted list and press Ctrl+D(Format-Font) it is showing font
Times New Roman Color Black. But when I go to Format - Bullets and Numbering
- Customize - Font, then it shows Font Times New Roman but the font color
is not set. Which one is the true one. (Or If I want to check the font color,
which one Should i consider?)

--
Thanks and Regards,
Renjith R Nair
Jezebel

"Renjith" wrote in message
Hi,
I am facing some problems in Word VBA. One is how can I change the
Automatic Color from black to some other say green.

'Automatic' refers to the system default text color. It's not meant as an
option in Word -- it's for users who want to use some other color for text
on their computer, usually for vision impairment reasons. You CAN change it:
right-click your desktop, select Properties Appearance. Select 'Window'
from the Item list, then change the Font color. (No doubt there are API
calls to the same effect). It changes LOTS of things, including the text in
message boxes, and the default font color in ALL applications. Don't go
there. No problem if this is your own computer; but in general it is
considered ill-behaved for code to change system settings.

Second one is : When you
click on a Bulleted list and press Ctrl+D(Format-Font) it is showing font
Times New Roman Color Black. But when I go to Format - Bullets and

Numbering
- Customize - Font, then it shows Font Times New Roman but the font

color
is not set. Which one is the true one. (Or If I want to check the font

color,
which one Should i consider?)

The first is showing the font, color, size etc of the *text*. The second is
showing the details of the *bullet*. These are independent. Eg you can have
text in purple Times Roman (the first dialog), with a green Wingdings bullet
(the second dialog). Any value showing as blank means either 'use the
default' or 'your current selection includes more than one'.

If you're making a lot of changes like this, it's better to define styles
for the purpose than to modify the paragraphs manually.

Rather than spend time waiting for answers from the forum, why not
experiment? Make some changes and see that happens.