Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jiggityjohnson

Default HOW DO I CHANGE THE SETTINGS TO PRINT ON A INDEX CARD IN WORD?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

No need to SHOUT! Also, the idea is to use this space to ask your question

You print on index cards by selecting the label tab after you select Letters
and Mailings from the Tools menu. Then you select a label that has the
dimensions of the index cards that you want to use, then probably click on
the New document to add a the index cards to the document. If you don't see
them, select Show gridlines from the Tables menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MaryAnn MaryAnn is offline

This is actually an additional question related to the original question. I
did as Doug Robbins instructed and it worked. Previously I did not click the
show grid lines so I could not figure out if it was actually formatting the
cards. Now I'm hoping Doug can tell me if I can print on both sides of the
cards? Do I just turn the Avery index card sheet over and run it back through
the printer? I guess that would work if I figure out the correct direction to
put it in the printer so the information printed on the back side corresonds
to the front side. Any ideas?
--
MaryAnn

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

No need to SHOUT! Also, the idea is to use this space to ask your question

You print on index cards by selecting the label tab after you select Letters
and Mailings from the Tools menu. Then you select a label that has the
dimensions of the index cards that you want to use, then probably click on
the New document to add a the index cards to the document. If you don't see
them, select Show gridlines from the Tables menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Whether you can print on the back of the cards by turning over the page and
printing again will depend primarily on how many columns your label format
has. This will only work with one column. Print page 2 on the back of page
1. If you have multiple columns instead of reading from left to right as on
page 1, the columns will read from right to left. i.e. on a three column
table cell 1/row 1 on page 1 would be cell 3/row 1 on page 2 .

See also http://www.gmayor.com/duplex_merge_data.htm